After the forth round of the 43rd World Chess Olympiad Georgian women’s team have the forth victory and continue fighting for medals. This time our team defeated Vietnam’s team with 3:1. Nana Dzagnidze and Nino Batsiashvili brought victory to the Georgian team, on the first and the third board, respectively, both with black figures. The first one to win was Batsiashvili, which was followed by Dzagnidze’s successful move and Arabidze’s tie with her opponent. This meant winning. Lela Javakhishvili, playing on the second board, skipped the game yesterday and today she fought for a long time to win but finally ended with a tie.
It should be mentioned, teams with best ratings among women, Ukraine and China, are undefeated. Only Russia conceded one game with Uzbekistan and complicated its tournament conditions, but the main battles are still ahead. Main games will start after 7th round, when the leader teams will have to compete with each other.
The men’s team lost against Lithuania with 1:3 and lost important points. Mikheil Mchedlishvili on the second board quickly agreed on draw. After this Davit Jojua, who played for almost 6 hours with a Mongolian opponent yesterday, also ended with a tie. He had a tough game today too. Ivan Cheparinov, on the third board, couldn’t defeat the opponent, even though he tried very hard. This meant that only Baadur Jobava could save our team from complete failure. Unfortunately, Baadur also lost.
Gladly, the third team of men won against Morocco with 3:1. Nikoloz Katcharava and Giorgi Sibashvili won on the third and the forth boards, respectively. The second team agreed to 2:2 with Australia.
The second women’s team had a tough game. They competed with the 13th seeded Hungarian team. Hungary won with 2,5:1,5. Sopio Gvetadze and Sopiko Khukhashvili won their games. The third team conceded the round with Australia – 1:3.
Tomorrow, 28th September the fifth round starts at 15:00. 29th September is a free day for the teams and from 30th September the most important games will begin, which will determine the teams who will get the medals.
Batumi. New Sports Palace. 23rd September -5th October. The Chess Olympiad
The first Georgian team – Vietnam 3:1
1. Nana Dzagnidze - Vo Thi Kim Phung 1:0
2. Lela Javakhishvili - Nguyen Thi Mai Hung 0,5:0,5
3. Nino Batsiashvili - Hoang Thi Bao Tram 1:0
4. Meri Arabidze - Nguyen Thi Mai Hung 0,5:0,5
The second Georgian team – Hungary 2,5:1,5
1. Salome Melia - Hoang Thanh Trang 0:1
2. Sopio Gvetadze – Gara Anita 1:0
3. Sopiko Khukhashvili - Gara Ticia 1:0
4. Miranda Mikadze - Lakos Nikoletta 0,5:0,5
The third Georgian team – Australia 1:3
1. Nino Khomeriki - Richards Heather S 0,5:0,5
2. Mariam Janiashvili - Ryjanova Julia 0,5:0,5
3. Tamar Esadze - Zhang Jilin 0:1
4. Diana Lomaia - Berezina Irina 0:1
The first Georgian team – Lithuania 1:3
1. Baadur Jobava - Sulskis Sarunas 0:1
2. Mikheil Mchedlishvili - Laurusas Tomas 0,5:0,5
3. Ivan Cheparinov - Stremavicius Titas 0,5:0,5
4. Davit Jojua - Malisauskas Vidmantas 0:1
The second Georgian team – Australia 2:2
1. Luka Paichadze - Smirnov Anton 1:0
2. Davit Maghalashvili - Zhao Zong-Yuan 0:1
3. Tornike Sanikidze - Illingworth Max 1:0
4. Giga Kuparadze - Cheng Bobby 0:1
The third Georgian team – Morocco 3:1
1. Noe Tutisani - Tissir Mohamed 0,5:0,5
2. Luka Oboladze - Onkoud Abdelaziz 0,5:0,5
3. Nikoloz Katcharava - Saber Yasser 1:0
4. Giorgi Sibashvili - Aithmidou Mohamed-Mehdi 1:0
In the name of the Organizing Committee of the 43rd World Chess Olympiad